Hosting & Storage
The Source’s Secure Hosting and Storage facilities are second to none. As an integral part of the The Source services and the foundation upon which many other services rely, the facilities are multi-homed with full redundancy and high-speed internet connectivity using direct fibre connections.
The hosting and storage services are flexible and adaptable in order to meet your needs. Also, should you need a secure downloading service or geographic specific streaming, we can arrange the service swiftly and painlessly.
Phone: +31 (0)1 80 48 14 26
Monitoring and Redundancy
Monitoring and links to server status (traffic, temperature and energy levels)...
Access to Audio / Video
Outside of digital distribution, our clients’ needs vary as to how and when they want their audio and video shared with or sent to third parties. Based on their instructions, access to content is tailored so that it is only made available to authorised parties. Furthermore, geographic filtering can also be used for contract compliance as well as fraud prevention.
Today, storage formats for audio and video are always evolving, and if each evolution brings progress it also raises questions of how any new technology can best serve your content. The Source is constantly monitoring the market in order to keep our clients’ content efficiently stored, accessible and safe, and also making sure that the next available format is the market leader and not a passing phase.
Technical Info on Hosting and Storage
- Controlled consumer and partner access via Internet and/or VPN
- High capacity RAID5, monitored 24/7 and located in a geographically separate secure location
- Data centre with climate control, fire suppression and no-break power
- Synchronized with the online system on a regular basis
- Source for content repurposing (i.e. offline delivery or editing / compilations / new formats)
- Long-term storage of all your content, using affordable storage media
- Annual media consistency check and replacement, if required. Technically obsolete formats are converted to newer formats at this time as needed
- Can be replicated at customer location
- Redundant server infrastructure: each service is supported by at least two redundant servers, configured in a load balancing or standby cluster configuration